- World set to
use more energy for cooling.
- demand for air conditioning and
refrigeration growing so fast that it threatens to smash pledges and targets for global warming.
- Worldwide power consumption for
air conditioning alone is forecast to surge 33-fold by 2100.
- Air conditioning already accounts for about 40% of power use in Mumbai.
- If fossil fuel-generated energy still accounts for about 75% of all cooling emissions, these refrigerant leaks could cumulatively increase the warming effect of manmade CO2 emissions by up to 25% by the middle of the century.
- refrigerant leaks and energy use in cooling account for "around 10% of global CO2 emissions. Already."